How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My EEA2 status expires on 2016 - we are as a family moving

Customer Question

My EEA2 status expires on 2016 - we are as a family moving to Poland to open up our business. Maximum how long I can be away from UK? Do I need to return to UK every 6 months?
I have been married to my wife since November 2009 but she was not registered with WRS and I was given visa for a year and then 5 years later on. Am i eligible for ILR in 2014?
My daughter ( 8 months Old) is British and we have our house. Now I am trying to find out how would I come back and visit regular basis to UK if it is necessary?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

You will automatically obtain permanent resident after being in the UK for 5 years provided your wife has exercised treaty rights in the UK for all 5 years.

So, it seems you would get it in 2016 when your current 5 years residence card expires.

You should not stay away for more than 6 months. Once you get PR, you should not be away for more than 2 years.

Hope this helps