How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hi, My name isXXXXX I am on a Tier 2 ICT

This answer was rated:


My name isXXXXX I am on a Tier 2 ICT visa in UK.

My wife is expecting twins in the month of August this year. To take care of her in her pre-natal stage of pregnancy my parents who are currently in India wanted to come to UK. They have already started filling their online visa application form available on the website

There are certain queries in the form which i wanted to know.

Since my parents would be staying with me in my accomodation in Leeds so I will be bearing all their expenses. There are two questions in the form viz. Cost of your accomodation and cost of your living expenses in UK, but since I would be bearing all their expenses can they write the amount as 0 GBP for these 2 questions. Can it result in their visa application being rejected?

Thanks & Regards
Likin Gera


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Yes, you can write “nil” or “0” in there but it is very important you all explain in supporting documentation the arrangement of them living with you.

Your parents should execute a statement advising of the situation and why they have entered “0” in the relevant question. It should refer to you and your accommodation and state that you will allow them to live there rent-free .

You will also have to execute a statement confirming the accommodation you are offering them. You will have to give proof (eg. tenancy agreement or land registry official copies if you own the property) of your right to live in the property and also, if you are renting, proof from your landlord that they also consent to the occupation of your parents in the property through the duration of the visit.

All such documents should be submitted with the application.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you