How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

tier 5 visa

Customer Question

I am on a tier 5 youth mobility visa which expires in October this year. I am in the UK with my english fiance of 3 years and I was wondering if I can get an extension for this visa or which visa can I apply to in order to remain in the uk?


I am of Australian nationality.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

As you have been living with your partner for more than 2 years, you may apply for further leave to remain in the UK using form FLR(M):

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



So due to my visa bieng like a working holiday, this form is valid for an extension request? What is this form exactly? Is it a short extension request or long term? Will it extand my right to work too? I only really need a short extension of 5 months or so. Bieng on the tier 5 visa, what are the chances of this bieng approved? Also what do they consider in their desicion? I have always worked full time, have no criminal record, payed mytaxes and have good credit history. Is this what they are looking at for extension?




Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.
I will opt out as you have chosen low detail and require a high detail answer instead.