UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

I retained a right of residence following a divorce from my

I retained a right of residence following a divorce from my eea national wife. My question is: if I remarry someone from outside of eu and have a son with her overseas, is it possible to sponsor them to come & live in the UK with me on my current status? If yes, how and which application forms could they use to apply from overseas?

Nat. [email protected]
Hello Nat,

How long have you lived in the UK for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have lived in the UK for 8year 8 months, but legally for 5 years 7 months.

I would suggest that you apply for confirmation that you are a permanent resident on form EEA4:

Once you get this confirmation, you will be able to sponsor your wife and son under the UK immigration rules as you will be a settled person once you get Permanent Residency (PR).

See here:

Hope this helps