How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have just been given a 5yr residence card but just on paper

Customer Question

I have just been given a 5yr residence card but just on paper ( as I needed a new passport when the residence permit was granted). Will I get into trouble if I travel without getting it stamped into my passport (which I have renewed) as I have urgent need to travel.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

No, you will not get in trouble leaving the UK and re-entering as long as you have the original Residence Card with you and valid passports as well as the expired passport.

Hope this helps