How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a British citizen and just recently got a job from an

This answer was rated:

I am a British citizen and just recently got a job from an agency and I am being paid through an umbrella company. Due to the fact that my employement is non-salaried and I get paid based on the number of hours I work, I want to know if I can meet the financial requirement of £18600 reqiuired to apply for my partner to come here and join me. We have been married for over 3 months now. Some weeks, I earn £400 pounds, some weeks I earn more than that. i want to know if after 6 months, can I meet the financial requirement considering the fact that my weekly earnings varies but the lowest I get paid in a week is £400 pounds.

Do you have any savings?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

At the moment, I do not have savings but my partner who is from Nigeria does have savings in his account which is domiciled in Nigeria. Can this count? If not, if I continue to work at my current employment (umbrella company) with my salary varied weekly, but minimum of £400 pounds per week, will this be sufficient?

Thank you,

It does appear that your income which is above the 18,600 pounds annual threshold is sufficient for you to sponsor your partner, after you have worked for at least 6 months.

However if your income is not sufficient (which is not the case here), your partner's savings will also be counted if they are more than 16000 pounds and they have held them for at least 6 months.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess my concern is that hope it does not matter that my weekly pay is not constant and it varies depending on the number of hours I work although the minimum is £400? Also, just in case we want to use my partners savings, does it matter that it is in the local currency of his country or does it have to be in British pounds?

It does not have to be in GBP but it has to be equivalent of 16000GBP.

It does not matter that your incomeis not constant as long as it adds up to more than 18,600 pounds per annum.

Hope this clarifies
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you