How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7691
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

hello i am a pregnant woman that only just moved in to UK to

This answer was rated:

hello i am a pregnant woman that only just moved in to UK to her boyfriends that has lived in the UK 5 years . if the child is born here is it going to have english or polish nationality ?


What nationality are you?

What nationality is the father please?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Both of us are Polish


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

If your partner has obtained Permanent Residence before the child is born then the child will automatically qualify for UK citizenship. Therefore you can apply for their passport under these circumstances.

An EEA citizen automatically qualifies for PR after they have been in the UK exercising their treaty rights for 5 years, but it’s usually best to apply for PR from the home office.

If your partner does not have PR at the time of birth then the child will be entitled to register as a UK citizen only when your partner gets PR, as confirmed here:-
Please refer to “Your parent has become a British citizen or settled since your birth“ for confirmation.

Polish citizens are permitted to hold dual nationalities so it’s not a problem.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can polish people have 2 nationality ?


Yes, I believe so:-

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you

No problem.

Kind regards,