How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I got married in 2007 to a woman who at The time of our marriage

Customer Question

I got married in 2007 to a woman who at
The time of our marriage was here illegally
This was unknown to me untill
She left the country some months later
To take part in what I thought was a
Festival in her country, it turns out she
Was actualy been deported but volantry
After some time I decided to call it a day
And start divorce proceedings but she left
The country with the marriage certificate
So I couldn't file papers without it.
I've tried to get a copy from the church
That held the service but they told me
The certificates are handed to the registry
Office I went there to get a copy and upon
Doing a search they said they could find
No trace of the marriage.
They said I should try the .gov web site
So I did this on two occations and they have
Said the same thing they can find
No trace of the marriage.
So what are my options now as I'd like
To get married to someone
I've been with for some time.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

In which church did you get married?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi the church I got married in is
All saints Anglican parish church in forest gate
East london
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
This particular church has been at the centre of a massive sham marriage scam and it is possible that your marriage was not legally conducted and was fake, which is why you cannot find details or records of your marriage certificate.In that case, you would be free to get married as you probably were never married lawfully in the first place.See this helps