How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

British female divorced from USA national. One child. All living

Customer Question

British female divorced from USA national. One child. All living in USA. Mother and child returning to UK to live. Father wants to come to UK to live. What are the financial requirements he will need to satisfy to obtain leave to enter the UK other than as a visitor.


Entry is to be under the category "family life as a parent of a child".

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

There are no specified financial figures but the father must satisfy that he can accommodate and maintain himself adequately without recourse to public funds.

So how much money he will require will depend on his personal circumstances and needs.

More information here

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm aware of that.


i have been told that one requirement is that monies must be in a bank account equal to 2.5 years worth of income support for 6 months prior to application to come to the UK.