How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Married in tanzania as refused in uk, marriage cert shows our

This answer was rated:

Married in tanzania as refused in uk, marriage cert shows our 1st middle names only plus our fathers name. Her previous divorce talaka issued in zanzibar . Name on divorce papers are different to our marriage certificate, & the name on her uk driving licence, all 3 are differ on surname plus 2 on 1st name Confirmed by register office in slough they can not find a certificate of no impediment held under my name.. M B

What is your question please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if the overseas marriage is legal due to incorrect information recorded . My first middle names are XXXXX XXXXX first & middle names listed. The name she used for a talaka divorce in zanzibar is not the same as she used in tanzania for our marriage nor is it the same on her uk driving licence. M/C is Norah Gabriel, Divorce NURAH SALIM MSOFFE, Her UK driving licence Nurah Salim Leweno Her maiden name was Msoffee . Her ex husband was Salim Khatib Leweno.. Can I divorce or declare it void She has lived in UK since 2000.

If the marriage was lawfully entered into under Tanzanian law, then it would be valid in the UK and the fact that she has multiple names does not make her a different person I am afraid, she was till remains the same person and may make a statutory declaration that she is known by all these different names.

You would need to divorce her.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have contacted register office as I did not make a certificate of no impendent they confirm have no record

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have made contact with register. Office where I was living at the time they have no record of a certificate of no impediment she made all the arrangements via her family in Tanzania all paper work I saw was not in English

You may apply for an annulment of the marriage on the grounds that no certificate of impediment was issued and see whether the court grants the annulment.

See here for the process

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As not registered in UK I never got round to it can I still use UK court

Yes, you may do so.
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you