How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

good afternoon: I need help. Im Cuban and I work in uk for

This answer was rated:

good afternoon: I need help. I'm Cuban and I work in uk for 5 years. I have work permit category (tier 2). My visa expires in 2 months, the problem is, that only works in the company only for one year and a half, later there was no work, then look for work in some agency, where I work, now. so I have a proposal for a permanent job for 2 years, where the is responsible for me. company and pay the same rate. continues ignorance by not informing Home Office because they thought it was a problem. I worked 5 years without break and now would like to extend my work permit or make my recidencia in uk. The question is, is it possible? I can hire and pay any lawger for this? Thanks for your attention.


When did you first come to the UK and with what visas. Please give you complete immigration history in the UK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello I'm



Customer: replied 3 years ago.

come in to the uk 27 june 2009 and work all the time only come back to cuba holiday for 3 or 4 week max every 6 or 7 moth

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm come in 2009 work permit for 5 year

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was wok for PPS agency, COLMAN MODUCEL,permanet job, and sprite services, now for 1 year do you need any think more?


Thank you.

It seems that you may be eligible for indefinite leave to remain in the UK in the beginning of June 2014, so you may apply for it using form Set(o).

See here

The guidance appears here

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is not problem if my pay slip o information come from another company said in the work permit? I'M worry about that only, I can give very good referent later from the company I work now if this is not problem for complete the form? I will be happy. thanks

As long as you worked for the company named in the work permit, you should be fine, payrolls may be outsourced to another company.

I suggest you get a good immigration lawyer to assist you with your application for indefinite leave to remain.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

good afternoon I'm visit and download the form, but the question remains and has not answered my question completely. I have spent 5 years in uk with work permit (tire 2) have not been out of uk for more than 2 months a year only 30 day year for holiday. I have never used gov't money, these are requirements and are OK, the question if is okay work in different company, that's all. if that's ok for which form can I apply to those who sent me.

Tier 1 (General) migrant, Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant or Tier 2 migrant thanks

You are only allowed to work for the employer who assigned you with the certificate of sponsorship. If you worked for another employer without the approval of the Home Office, then you would be in breach of immigration rules and your ILR application could be refused and your employer fined and you could be removed from the UK.

I strongly advise that you appoint a good immigration lawyer to handle your case.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please can you help me in that I don't no law emigration uk, I pay your feet

I am afraid we are not allowed to act for clients but you may find an immigration lawyer here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks so much. do you thinks they can help me?

Yes, I think someone should be able to help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.