How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7661
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

hi my spouse visa will expire next month, I have sent off

This answer was rated:

my spouse visa will expire next month, I have sent off application to renew my visa in the meantime can i continue to work as it will take 2-3 months for home office to process the application.
my solicitor will provide a letter to give to my employer


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Your status and right to work will be the same as it was when you submitted your current application.

You will have the right to work and you will see from the following link under “More Information” at the bottom of the page that this if confirmed:-

This is the case even if your current visa expires before you have heard back from the home office on your current application.

You solicitior’s letter to your employer will explain it adequately and they will accept it.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What can I do if my employer refuse to accept the letter and sack me?

If they make movements to sack you then you should inform them that they have no legal right to do so because you still have the right to work. You should state that you would take employment law advice and either sue them for unfair dismissal or reinstatement.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you