How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

i am a british citizen decided to obtain my citizenship due

This answer was rated:

i am a british citizen decided to obtain my citizenship due to the fact my mum is english have been in the uk for just over a year while in south africa i was married but got divorced in 2011 my exwife and i have been chatting for some time about how we miss each other she is coming on holiday to see if its really want we both want if it is can we get married here and she remains with me

Your ex wife cannot marry you in the UK unless she has a specific visa to marry you.

If you both intend to live in the UK after your marriage, she needs to obtain a fiancée visa for the UK from South Africa.

If you only intend to get married in the UK and then live in SA, then she would need to obtain a marriage visit visa for the UK, from South Africa.

If there are no plans to get married just yet as you say, she may simply apply for a UK visit visa.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you