How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7677
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hello Tom, following my last question with you a couple of

This answer was rated:

Hello Tom, following my last question with you a couple of months ago, my application is now in the home office for an indefinite stay using my 7yr old's rights, but they have now asked me to provide details of my husband and other children I have, which i think may jeopardise my application since we all live together as family. what do you thinks is the best to be done in this situation?


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

You have to answer their enquiries about this. If you do not or you misrepresent the situation then they will consider that you have deceived them. Deception is MUCH more serious and would ultimately harm your application and any future applications that you would make.

You really need to answer the questions as honestly as you can. If you did not lnclude them in the original application then you should explain why you did not, perhaps stating that it was an oversight because you did not understand the rules.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

But I understand that if the home office knows that I am still married and live with my husband, we will be refused since the application is only granted based on the fact that only one party cares for the child and lives with the child.


Well, that might be a problem for you in the present applicaitn.

I cannot advise you to misrepresent the situation, because it would cause you further problems.

You're going to have to be honest with them and hope I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks but lastly, do you have an idea of the exact area in the UKBA Website that I can check to read details of the requirements for this kind of application? I've been searching to no avail but perhaps an expert like you will have better idea.


The guidance is here:-

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


You're welcome..
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you