How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, I am an EU citizen living in UK for more then 5

This answer was rated:


I am an EU citizen living in UK for more then 5 years. I plan to marry an non EU citizen this summer and we plan to live in UK. What visa should she apply to enter UK ? At what moment she could / should apply for resident visa ?

Once you marry your partner presumably in her home country, she may apply for an EEA Family Permit to come and live with you in the UK,

This permit is valid for 6 months, see here for the procedure for applying for it

Once she is in the UK, she may apply for a Residence Card which will be valid for 5 years, it is not mandatory to apply for the card but advisable to do so as it proves that she has the right to reside in the UK, see here

Hope this helps

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you