How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7664
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

my son has a NZ and a UK passport..he flies to the UK on monday,

This answer was rated:

my son has a NZ and a UK passport..he flies to the UK on monday, and the agent has booked his flights on his NZ passport....he hopes to live and work in the UK, will there be issues with his entering the country?

Thanks for your question.

How did your son obtain UK citizenship please?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was born in England, and he was granted citizenship/passport through my birth, and retain my own citizenship and passport


Grest how old is your son please?

kind regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is 22, and will be 23 next month


Thanks for your reply.

Your son should not have any problems. This is because he is a uk citizen and has all the rights that any other uk citizen has.

The only right that your son does not have is the right to pass on his citizenship to his own children that are born outside the united kingdom. This is because he has obtained united kingdom citizenship by descent and citizenship is only permitted to descend one generation to persons born outside the united kingdom, which of course it already has done when passing from you to your son.

Your son is also an adult and therefore does not need to show that he has his parents permission to travel.

Your son will not face any questions provided that he produces his united kingdom passport when he enters the united kingdom.

Kind regards.

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you