How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Good Day , Please i want to ask if in any case my application

This answer was rated:

Good Day ,
Please i want to ask if in any case my application can be more than 6 months for EU familly member in home office as i have attended interview on the 7th of April and by 5th of May the deadline of 6 months reached .

Unfortunately, applications can take more than 6 months to be processed despite the 6 months deadline being there.

You can complain formally to the Home Office and ask them to give an update on the matter, see here for how to do this:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much for your reply and can i take a legal action on it or is there any advise you can give me because i need to travel home soon and i will need my travel document which is with the home office at the moment and have waited tiredlessly . Please give me advise on this

Legal action is an option but it will take time as well to bring legal action to get a court order for your passport to be returned.

You should lodge a complaint and explain that you need to travel urgently and send any evidence of why you need to travel urgently e.g. sickness, death in family etc.

You may also ask your local MP to write to the Home Office on your behalf.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much , but the legal action am saying is to take them to EU court on why my application should be delayed more than necessary as the certificate of application which will enable me to work would expire by 5th of May and i will not be able to work or practice any employment as i can not have the residence card to show for continuing in work exercise in the Uk and i will not be able to support my wife and i to pay house rent together we have been doing . can i take them to court for delay in my application ?

Yes, you may take them to court.

Your employer may contact UK Visas and Immigration directly as you have a pending application and your right to work will continue beyond the expiry date of your current residence card, see here:

Extra checks on an employee’s right to work

You must use the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) employer checking service to see if an employee has the right to work if they can’t show you documents because they have an outstanding appeal or application with UKVI.

You must also check if an employee’s application registration card or certificate of application is valid (if these documents have been provided).

To request a check, download and fill in the employer checking service enquiry form and email it to the employer checking service.

Employer checking service
[email protected]

Contact UKVI

Employer and education providers’ helpline [email protected]
Telephone: 0300 123 4699
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much for your answers and am really happy to hear back from you and lastly if i apply to return my papers due to an urgent travel back home is there any paper they can give me which will back me up forn returning back to Uk with no visa and no problem entering back here ?

I want to know if any document can be issued to me to travel back home which covers me when coming back here ?

I am afraid there is no such document.

You really need to focus on getting your application processed before you travel.

All the best