How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I am on a spouse visa in Uk and my wife wrote a letter to

This answer was rated:

Hi I am on a spouse visa in Uk and my wife wrote a letter to the home office in haste complaining about our marriage break down. Now she is apologising and saying sorry for what have happened and she received an email from home office saying that they will take action based on her consent. Now she is asking me how she can get this right as we write an email back or letter and I have to apply for ILR on 2nd June on a same day appoinment and she is going along with me there as well.attached below the letter she received: hank you for your letter of 22 April 2014 in which you informed the Home Office of the breakdown of your marriage to the above named person. I assure you that the information contained in your letter has been carefully noted and recorded. I can also assure you that where an overseas national has been granted limited leave to enter or remain on the basis of marriage to a person settled here, an application for indefinite leave to remain on that basis will not be granted if the settled partner makes it clear formally that they do not support the application, as you have done. Please note that if you do feel at risk of harm from your estranged husband, you should contact the police in the first instance, as they are the most appropriate authority to assist you. In the face of an on-going risk of harm, you should also think about applying to the court for an injunction. If you need advice about applying for an injunction, you may wish to contact the National Centre for Domestic Violence ( They can be contacted on 0844 8044 999 or 08009 70 20 70 (24 hours a day) and their advice is free. If you are a victim of domestic violence, the following helplines can also offer you practical help and advice including: · emergency refuge accommodation · safety planning and advice National 24 hour Domestic Violence Helpline - 0808 2000 247 Yours sincerely.



Can you please let us know how we can proceed ahead without having problems when I apply for ILR on June2


She may write back to the Home Office and advise them that she has sorted out the marital issues and that she intends to continue sponsoring you for your indefinite leave to remain application on 2 June and that she retracts the complaint to the Home Office.

If she attends the same day application with you, that will be good as the Home Office can assess there and then that she intends to sponsor your ILR application.

Hope this helps. Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you