How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am an American married to a British national, in December

This answer was rated:

I am an American married to a British national, in December we want to move to England. Can my sister-in-law be my sponsor to get a work visa.

Only your British national spouse may sponsor you for a Spouse Settlement visa which will enable you to live and work in the UK.

Your sister in law may not sponsor you.

Can I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A company would have to hire me while I am in the USA to get a work visa to move to England.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also I have a 14 yr old son,with my UK wife,Does kyle need a visa, Even he is Half British @ he does have a U S passport ?

If your wife was born in the UK and assuming that your son was born in the US, your son would be British by descent and eligible for a British passport in which case, he would not require a UK visa.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you