How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi My wife who I am separated from and who is a brazilian

This answer was rated:


My wife who I am separated from and who is a brazilian citizen was refused her indefinite leave to remain in the uk in 2012, part due to not passing life in the uk test and part because earlier in her time in the uk she overstayed her visa.

She returned to her native country last year and we are getting a divorce.

She has emailed me today from brazil saying she may be coming to england at end of this year.
She now has a new brazilian boyfriend. She was violent towards me during our marriage and the last thing i need is her coming to the uk as I am just starting to get my life sorted.

Is it possible she can return to the UK so soon?

Mr Kennedy
Hello Mr. Kennedy,

I am afraid it it possible that she may be allowed entry to the UK as a visitor as Brazilians do not require visitor visas to the UK if they intend to visit for periods of up to 6 months.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you