How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7675
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hi I have a unique problem. My parents and I are British Citizen.

This answer was rated:

I have a unique problem. My parents and I are British Citizen. My sisters however were
Older then me and were married so couldn't come to UK when my parents and I came to UK.
I was a minor then however now I have a successful business.

The problem is that one of my sister isn't mentioned in the visa forms filled by my dad in 1990's. He hasn't really taken any legal advice to correct this so I am not sure whether ukba records have details of all my siblings. I am now in a position to sponsor my sisters and would like to sponsor the one that isn't mentioned as a daughter.

My questions are, do I have to prove the relationship to ukba with the sponsored person if it will be just my name as the sponsor on the application?
Second question is that the sponsored person's income is quite low, if they are granted holiday visa then I will assume full financial responsibility. I would be happy to put down security deposits for each sponsored person ( sister, her husband and two young children).
will this work ?w

Please advise with general suggestions to improve sponsored person's application that is on low income however the sponsor is on high income and has access to cash savings. I will happily pay for in depth legal advise.


Thanks for your question.

How did you and your parents obtain UK citizenship please?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My dad worked as a priest so I he was sponsored by the Sikh temple. We obtained citizenship after we had been in UK for 5 years. This was back in 2001. My mother and i arrived in UK in 1996 but my dad had worked here for a number of years prior to 1996.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be able to answer in about an hour or so.

Kind regards.

Hi Amar,
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m really sorry but I’ve had connectivity problems.

If you and your parents are UK citizens, then your father should be okay despite having not mentioned your sisters in his visa applications. In the unlikely event that any action were taken he could claim honest mistake in not including them and this would almost certainly be accepted.

I presume that you wish for your sisters to come and visit you. This means that they would have to apply for a family visit visa:¬
In order for them to apply you would have to prove that you are their siblings, which means that you would have to produce your respective passports and also birth certificates for you all showing that you had the same parents. I would also consider submitting evidence of your sibling relationship in the form of correspondence or photos/documentary evidence of the times that you have visited them.

You should also see a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that they are to return at the end of it, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds. You would have to show evidence of your ability to do this in the form of evidence of your acccmodation and money that you have at your disposal.

The Home Office do not run a deposit service, so you would not be able to lodge a deposit in the way that you have suggested. They require you to simply evidence that you have the money in order to cover the costs of their expenses.

If your sisters do not have a great deal of money in their bank accounts then you or your parents may also consider gifting them a sum of money to hold in their account a few months before they may the application. They can use this to evidence their ability to support/accommodate themselves.n

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you