How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
Immigration Law
This answer was rated:

Hi I am married to a British since Oct 2010 and have my indefinite

since Dec 2012. We are... Show More
since Dec 2012. We are looking to get a divorce one lawyer has told me If I get divorced I will have to wait 5 year to get my neutralisation is this correct? I have been in the UK legally for 10 years now
Show Less
Ask Your Own Immigration Law Question

Yes, if you get divorced before you apply for naturalisation, you will only be eligible to apply for naturalisation after living in the UK lawfully for 5 years, if you apply for naturalisation before you get divorced, you will be eligible to apply after 3 years in the UK lawfully.

Can I help further?