How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7677
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Best regards,I,m Norwegian man and have 2 kids girl 9 years

This answer was rated:

Best regards,
I,m Norwegian man and have 2 kids girl 9 years and boy 7 years both born in Norway and Norwegian citizens,my wife(their mother) is Syrian citizen and lived with us in Norway for few years but could not continue with the climate there,she went with the kids to damascus until the recent crises where the flat they were living in was destructed and I took them to Hashimite kingdom of Jordan and put the kids in the school there.
I intend to give my kids a better education in a healthy invironment and wish to come to birmingham with them,I know there is no problem for me and the kids as Norwegians but I want to know the procedure to bring my wife with us taking in mind that I am retired and my monthly income is about 2400 pounds.
I intend to come in the summer of 2015 before schools start and like to prepare with in this time the kids by strengthening their english language.
While I am looking forward to here from you the right steps to follow I forward my best wishes for your kind co-operation in advance.
truly yours
Abdulhamid A,Azzam
Hi Abdulhamid,

Thanks for your question and patience.

If you are a Norwegian citizen then you are n EEA member state national and she will have to obtain an EEA family permit first before she travels here. This is the EEA version of a spouse visa.

The government webpage on this is here:-

You will have to show that you intend to exercise treaty rights in the UK when you get here. Usually, this means working or studying, but it can also mean being "self-sufficient". Being self sufficient means that you would be able to live here without becoming a burden on the state and claiming public funds. Therefore, you would have to evidence your monthly income and that it would also continue during your stay here.

She will be granted a family permit which will allow her to travel here.

Once she has come to the UK on her family permit she will be eligible to apply for a residence card which confirms her right of residence for a period of 5 years in the UK on the basis of your marriage:-

It will either take the form of an endorsement in her passport or as a separate immigration status documents confirming her right to reside here for 5 years.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you