How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, Im a British national married to a Chinese. My other

This answer was rated:

Hello, I'm a British national married to a Chinese. My other half decide to keep his Chinese passport rather than change to a British one. He's got ILR. We are planning a trip to France end May. He applied for a visa at French embassy as EU family. However, when he went in they told him all the hotel booking should be under my name rather than his, even though we are travelling together! He's very annoyed. Now there's no time left to book another appointment and our bookings( hotel and flight) are no refundable . What shall we do? Can we travel without a visa?

He should apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen as a British passport will cut out the need for these visas for other EU countries (and others).

I would suggest that you contact the travel agent or hotel and get them to change the bookings to your name or add your name to the bookings to satisfy the French. A schenghen visa is required for him I am afraid.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you