How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
Immigration Law
This answer was rated:

Hey, I am currently trying to fill in the form that you suggested

to help my partner (Application... Show More
to help my partner (Application for an extension of stay in the UK as the partner of a person present and settled in the UK or as a partner of a person with a refugee leave or humanitarian Protection and for a biometric immigration Document)

Am I able to request legal assistance with filling in this form? or do I just keep asking you questions when i get to a question I need advice on?
Show Less
Ask Your Own Immigration Law Question


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

There is no legal aid for an application of this type I’m afraid, so if you wished to get specific legal advice then you should instruct a solicitor locally in the normal way.

Given that the situation of your partner is complicated I really would urge you to instruct a solicitor to prepare the application itself and, just as importantly, check your supporting evidence.

I cannot overstate how much of an advantage instructing a solicitor would be for you in these circumstances.

However, if you have particular questions about particular parts of the form then I can give you general guidance if you wish. .

I have to pop out for 30 mins now, if you require further help then I will assist upon my reurn.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

ok, i was just wondering if you would know how much would a solicitor ask to prepare this kind of form, like what would be the minimum amount of money they would ask...


To act from start to finish a solicitor would charge in the region of £850-1200 + VAT.

Kind regards,

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

How about to just merely help me fill in the form?


Well, I should think that if you have limited questions then they some may be willing to provide guidance for you on an appoiontment basis for a fixed fee.

You will have to ring round and see what their fixed fee for a consultation is. Some will have them available for about 80-100 + VAT.

Kind regards,