How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I have 2 Qs 1. I will be applying for ILR in Oct 2014

This answer was rated:

I have 2 Q's
1. I will be applying for ILR in Oct 2014 under tier 1 general.
My twins daughters were born in uk in april 2011.
They have indian passports and have tier 1 dependent visa on my last extension.
My question is do i have to apply for their ILR as well along with our or can we apply for their british citizen directly.
2. My initial application for tier 1 general was rejected in june 2008 due to ukba error. ukba accepted their mistake in Nov 2009 and allowed me to apply under the rules placed in Feb 2008. in Nov 2009 i got my first tier 1 visa.
My question is since i had to suffer finacially due to ukba error (increade in fee etc). can i claim for refund. Also if i can apply for early ILR or british passport.

In response to your queries:

1) you may apply for them to be registered as British Citizens as soon as you get ILR, this is their entitlement, not discretionary and as such, there is no need to apply for their indefinite leave to remain along with yours.

2) you may lodge a formal complaint and ask for a refund and you may also lodge your ILR application early as it was their mistake that you got it later than when you should have got it. However, your application may be delayed as a result. It is really up to you, if you want a straight forward decision, then you should simply apply as intended in October rather than apply earlier.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you