How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am on article 8 (family life) humanitarian grounds in UK

This answer was rated:

I am on article 8 (family life) humanitarian grounds in UK (30 months leave to remain). I have new born baby and I need to get visa for the baby. I want to go in person for premium service. What is the procedure? Apart from mother passport, residence permit card, baby's passport and birth certificate and FLR(O) form do I need any more documents to show? I am getting child benefit and child tax credits and me and my husband are also on JSA as he applied for private hire Driver licence which is still in process so he is not working at the moment. Is this will make any difference to get the visa for the baby?

If your baby was born in the UK, you do not need to apply for any visa or leave to remain for the baby. There is no requirement to do so and you may apply to register the baby as a British Citizen if the baby is not already a British citizen at birth.

If your husband/baby's father is a British Citizen or has Indefinite leave to remain, the baby born in the UK will be British at birth.

Can I help further?

UKSolicitorJA and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Our baby will not be a British citizen because not me and nor my husband is a British citizen and we both don't have indefinite leave to remain. If you carefully read my previous question it says we have limited leave to remain for 30 months
Thank you for clarifying. You only referred to yourself as having 30 months leave to remain.

Be that as it may, unless you wish to go out of the UK, there is no need to apply for any leave to remain for the baby, once you get ILR, you will be entitled to apply for your baby to be registered as a British citizen.

If you still wish to apply for leave to remain for the baby, you may do so using form FLR(O), the documents you have listed are fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But if I want to go in person for FLRO, what will be the fees and is there would be any interview regarding our financial situation in UK? and how we can arrange this premium service. Thanks
The fee to apply in person is £1001

You may book your appointment by following the link appearing here

You need to include details of your finances in the application form and you may be asked about them when you apply in person.

Hope this clarifies