How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi. Im working in UK now for 2 years. currently I have Tier

Customer Question

Hi. I'm working in UK now for 2 years. currently I have Tier 2 spouse visa. My husband who has the Tier 2 visa finish contract next year Feb and I wonder to keep working here even though his visa is expired. I tried to swich my visa to Tier 2 general visa but what I heard is I cannot do it in here. all I can do is to go back to my country and reapply visa and come back here. which is not option for me. my kid is going to primary school and I don't want to move around spending too much money. can you advise if there is any way to apply Tier 2 visa in uk?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello,I am a UK immigration solicitor. I am afraid it is simply not possible for you to switch to Tier 2 general from within the UK.You will need to apply from your home country.Sorry, but I can only advise you truthfully. Can I help further? If not, please remember to leave feedback