How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I am currently illegal in the UK, I have 2 children

This answer was rated:


I am currently illegal in the UK, I have 2 children A 6.5 year old and a 1.5 year old both British Passport holders my eldest is registered disabled and attends a specialist school here. My application is currently with the UKBA and have been pending a while my fiance and I relationship is not solid we are currently trial separation, I am Jamaican. Can I apply for a Derivative Card for my children whilst my application is pending?

If you are the primary carer of your children, you may apply for a derivative residence card which costs £55 to make. The application form appears here:

You may apply for it whilst your other application is pending and you may inform the Home Office to treat the other application as withdrawn if you are granted your derivative residence card.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you