How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I need to know if Im using the correct form for my UK Visa

This answer was rated:

I need to know if I'm using the correct form for my UK Visa application. I'm married to a UK citizen since 2007, prior US visiting forces from 2005-2010, retired from active service in 2010 and started working for the US Air Force from 2010 to present. I didn't need a visa while on active service, but once I retired and starting working as a civilian on the US base I was granted a limited leave to remain which expires in 2015. The UK visa website led to FLR(M) to switch from my work visa to spouse visa. I'm doing this because I have been offered employment with a UK company, and wish to resign from my US Forces job to take it. Is this the correct form?

Thanks for your question.

Yes, that's absolutely the correct form.

The "(M)" of the form title denotes "marriage" and the FLR means Further Leave to Remain. It is the form that a person uses when they wish to switch to leave to remain based on marriage to a UK citizen. In other words, when they want to switch to a spouse visa.

Kind regards

Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you