How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My husband with whom i am legally married in nigeria is having

Customer Question

My husband with whom i am legally married in nigeria is having an affair with a lady who is an illegal immigrant in UK.I was told he contracted another registry marriage with her on his last visit in april. Is this possible and how do i commence an investigation on this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may get in touch with the Home Office and give them as much information as possible:

If he is already legally married to you, he will have broken the law in the UK if he married somebody else in the UK as the UK law does not allow bigamy.

May I help further?