How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello I am a father of five children. I got my British citizenship

This answer was rated:

I am a father of five children. I got my British citizenship recently. My two youngest children ( 8 and 6 years) were born here in the UK. At that time when they were born I did not get my indefinite leave to remain in UK yet. Later, all my family members got their ILR's about 15 months ago and now fully settled in UK.
Now I'm planning to apply for naturalization of my family members as British citizens.
My questions are:
1. Do my two younger children need to go through the normal registration as British citizen process?
2. Do I need to apply for them through the nationality checking services (just like I'm planning to do for the three older children who were born out of UK)?
3. Are the fees for the two UK born children the same amount as for those who were born abroad (£669 approximately)?
4. Previously the fees were discounted for multi applications of children. Are there still discounts for joined children applications?

Real thanks indeed

Yes, you will need to apply for registration for your UK born children as they are not automatic British Citizens, they are entitled to be registered as British.

Yes, you could lodge all the applications at the same time through the NCS

Yes, one set of fees applies to all children applications

No discounts.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you