How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am applying for an extension of my discretionary leave to

This answer was rated:

I am applying for an extension of my discretionary leave to remain on the basis of my wife having the indefinite leave to remain and my children being British.
I was given 3 years initially and will have to apply for the next three years.
Which form do I need to apply? Do I have to sit for the English test? What documents to I have to submit with my application ?

You need to use form FLR(O):

Yes, you need to pass an English language test.

The documents required are listed in page 27 of the FLR(O) form. You should include all documents listed which you have e.g. your spouse's ILR status, your marriage certificate, your children's British passports, their birth certificates showing you as the father.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could you please let me know which English language test and where to get information on it?
I was once told that the Form FLR(O) has been changed to form FLR FP.
How true is this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still waiting for your answer please
It is FLR(O) in your case.

English language test details appear here

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you