How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
Immigration Law
This answer was rated:

I am a British National and am [planning toreturn to Nepal

to marry my fiance, a... Show More
to marry my fiance, a Nepalese National What documents must I take and what steps must I take to allow me to bring her to the UK?
Show Less
Ask Your Own Immigration Law Question


Thank you for your question.

The following documents are typically submitted for Spouse Settlement Visa Applications:

Your documents:

Copy of UK passport
Employment contract (if working) or a letter from your employer confirming employment (job title, hours, pay etc)

last 6 months wage slips
last 6 months bank statements
property inspection report, Land Registry title deed or consent from landlord if property is rented, copy of mortgage or tenancy agreement as the case may be
Marriage Certificate
evidence of relationship (pictures, emails, wedding photos, wedding invitation etc)
latest council tax bill if available, utility statements

Your wife to be:
2 passport size photos
original passport

English language test result certificate
TB test certificate from an approved centre:

Hope this helps