How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I want to apply for British Citizenship for myself aged 41

This answer was rated:

I want to apply for British Citizenship for myself aged 41 and two daughters aged 20 and 18. We are currently living in Scotland on an ancestry visa- grandfather was English- and have done so for the past 8 years. I am a New Zealand Citizen as are my two daughters. My wife and two youngest daughters live in New Zealand and will not be applying for any form of citizenship or visa. We do not have indefinite leave to remain, but is it essential to have this before applying for naturalisation? For indefinite leave to remain and naturalisation which are the correct application forms to be completed? How much the application fees and how long will each process take for either option?

Yes, you must have indefinite leave to remain before you are eligible for naturalisation as a British Citizen.

Hone you have ILR, you need to wait for a year and then apply for naturalisation.

The form to use for ILR is SET(O) and for naturalisation is AN.

SET(O) appears here

AN appears here

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will both children aged 20 and 18 also be as eligible as i am for ILR?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
will all applicants be eligible for citizenship?
Yes, all applicants will need to apply for ILR and citizenship.

Your children will get ILR with you if they were on dependent visas before they turned 18.

Hope this helps , please leave feedback

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you