How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My girlfriend lives in Ukraine, we want to take our relationship

This answer was rated:

My girlfriend lives in Ukraine, we want to take our relationship further and for her to come to the uk, I realise that we would have to apply for a fiancé visa, I am confused as how to go about it because of 'life in the uk test' and language tests, do you have to take these in the uk?

She does not need to take the Life in the UK test but she needs to pass the English language test which she needs to take in Ukraine.

You may read about the requirements here

The British council in Ukraine conducts English tests for the visa. As it is not a settlement visa, no life in the UK test required.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thanks for the reply,
Obviously she will have to take the life in uk test after we marry because we would have to apply for a settlement visa after, is that correct? Also I am struggling to find fiancé visa application forms on the gov website.
Yes, the life in the UK test comes much later, when it is time for settlement.

The application has to be made online, see here
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you