How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My daughter came as a student, but unfortunatly things did

This answer was rated:

My daughter came as a student, but unfortunatly things did not work out she still want to continue. She made application for a private live but this was denied because she is above 18. She have no one back in her country of origin and my self, husband and children are all British citizens . What can I do

What age was she when she first came to the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

Your daughter seems to have a good case to get discretionary leave to remain in the UK on the basis that most of her family is here in the UK and she has no relatives in her home country.

She should make an application on form FLR(O). See here for further information on how to do so :

I would advise that she retain a firm of immigration lawyers to assist with the application as she has already been turned down previously and such applications are complex.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long does this process takes and would they accept her application because we did appeal the previous decision and the were turn down. And what would it cost

Yes, they would accept her application.

The fee is £601

The process could take up to 6 months.

All the best, ***** ***** feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is your office located?

I am afraid we are not allowed to take on cases for customers here.

I am only allowed to refer you to the Law Society find a solicitor facility.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello I was told to put in a DRF1 form for my daughter. Is that a good one.
I do not see its relevance to your daughter's case.

You may access this form here to see for yourself that it does not fit in with her situation:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We had already put in that application and we got no as a response. What else can I do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's very difficult because I did make an application on FLR(O which was not ssuccessful and appeal denied. I feel that justice is not available. My child live and dreams has been damage since she came thanks to the immigration system and the bogus colleges. I feel that ther is no place for honesty

I am afraid you need to see aface to face solicitor to look at the paperwork and advise on the way forward.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.