How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hi my daughter and I are UK citizen and both of us live are

This answer was rated:

Hi my daughter and I are UK citizen and both of us live are working full time in the UK, we would like to invite my 2 grandsons (age 2 years and 3 years old) and their grandfather for this summer holiday how can we get started? which application form is best to use? Should we use Family visitor visa or child visitor visa

Thanks for your question.

The will have to apply for a child visitor's visa. This is the correct visa for them to apply for and you will see that the home office webpage on the visa is here:-

The eligibility criteria for these visas is contained here:-

You have to submit the appropriate documentary evidence that proves each part of the eligibility.

My advice would be to start gathering your documents now and consider instructing a solicitor here in the UK in order to draft the application and confirm that you have all the documentation. They will also draft the neccessary consent letter that the parents of your grandchildren will each have to execute and submit with the application;

The application and supporting documentation would be sent to your children for them to submit on behalf of your grandchildren.

You will have to execute statutory declarations evidencing your ability to support and accomodate the children and pay the costs/unforeseen costs during their visit.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer and reply. Do we of to get a solicitor or can we (my daughter and I do it on our own for my grand children? If we must use a solicitor how much would it cost and can I use you or can you refer me to one? If we start now how long would it take to get the visa?


My daughter would also like to invite her dad from Jamaica to come here in the UK for this summer holiday same time with the grand children, what visa application should be use for him? can she apply from here in the UK for her dad or does her dad of to apply from Jamaica?

You can instruct a solicitor here in consultation with your daughter. It should cost around £500+ VAT or so. I cannot refer you to solicitors under the terms of this site.

You can find solicitors using the law society find a solicitor website:-

It should take around 3-5 weeks or so.

The father would have to apply for a general visitor's visa and would have to apply on his own from his home country but you should make your solicitor aware of this to assist as well.