How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

hello. i am french citizen and would like to settle in UK.

Customer Question

hello. i am french citizen and would like to settle in UK. how can i settle or join my wife and kids who have currently Afghan nationalities but reside in France?
thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You are free to live in the UK as long as you are self sufficient, work or study in the UK i.e. You exercise treaty rights in the UK.

Your family will need to apply for EEA Family Permits to enter the UK, see here

You will become permanent resident in the UK after 5 years in the UK and have exercised treaty rights.

May I help further?