How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
Immigration Law
This answer was rated:

Hello, I am a British Citizen resident in Dubai UAE. My wife

is Syrian and is in... Show More
is Syrian and is in the first trimester of pregnancy. I am not intending to be resident of the UK for at least a few more years (Until my contract here expires) however I would like my wife to give birth in the UK. What are my options? As I understand applying for a visit visa for my wife with the intention of her giving birth in the UK will be frowned upon? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you
Show Less
Ask Your Own Immigration Law Question

Yes, there is no UK visa allowing her to give birth in the UK and applying for a visit visa without disclosing this fact will be misprepresentation and an immigration offence.

She may apply for a private medical treatment visa which may or may not be granted as delivering a baby is arguably not considered to be medical treatment but if there is a medical reason why she should give birth in the UK, then there is a good chance of the visa being granted. See below:

The other option is to take the risk and apply for a normal visit visa and disclose the real reason behind the visit. She may or may not get it.

Hope this helps