How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

the uk government lodged an appeal against the challenge put

This answer was rated:

the uk government lodged an appeal against the challenge put regarding the minimum earnings for a foreign partner that was 7 March did the court ever give response?

If you are unemployed and have a minimum of 62500 pounds in the bank dwill this make up for the lack of minimum wages

The case is still with the courts.

Yes, savings alone of at least £62500 are sufficient, no employment or other income is necessary.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your response. did the minimum earnings case before the courts ever receive an answer yet???

Not yet, it is still awaiting judgement.
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning Again ,



Sorry one point i forgot to ask in addition to minimum wages there is an English requirement . If you have minimum wages or the 62500 sr is there anyway to get a wife a permanent visa if her English is Poor - Nationality Russian ?/ as i believe you need 5,5 ILETS but if you dont intend to have wife work is there any way Language issue can be waived?


Thank you and this is the last point on the initial question.

There is no way around the English language requirement I am afraid unless one of the following applies:

  • you are aged 65 or over when you make your application; or
  • you have a physical or mental condition which would prevent you from meeting the requirement; or
  • there are exceptional compassionate circumstances which would prevent you from meeting the requirement.

Please leave feedback