How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a UK citizen and married my Trinidadian wife three years

This answer was rated:

I am a UK citizen and married my Trinidadian wife three years ago whilst working in the country. I now would like to return back to the UK and bring my wife and new son to reside.

What are the issues and how do I begin the application?

Your wife needs to apply for a UK spouse settlement visa. You must be having savings of at least £63000 for at least 6 months or your annual income must be £18600.

See here for the process for applying for this visa

If you are a British Citizen otherwise than by descent, your son would be British by descent assuming he was born there and you simply need to apply for a British Passport for him.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you