How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

7.4.10. Funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their

This answer was rated:

7.4.10. Funds held as cash savings by the applicant, their partner or both jointly at the date of application can be from the proceeds of the sale of property within the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.

Above is taken from "Annex FM Section FM 1.7: Financial Requirement" for spouse settlement visa.

Can you tell me what documentation is acceptable evidence to prove that the sold property belonged to the applicant?

A copy of the title deed or mortgage statement should prove ownership as well as a copy of the Agreement for Sale.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is that for property abroad as well or would that need a solicitor/estate agent's letter too and/or something else.

Yes, same for property abroad. Lawyers letters would be more convincing than estate agents.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you