How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Apply for ILR

Customer Question

I'm on EEA Family Permit which I've got on Nov 2012 and will be expired Nov 2017. I knew my ex partner in 2010 and we registered our marriage in Nov 2011. However our marriage didn't work out and separated this year. We've applied for divorce on mutual consent and received decree nisi January 2014, but not absolute has been applied as my partner doesn't want to continue. She is now living with a new partner without marriage and I'm looking to apply for indefinite to remain as I have a job. I came to the UK since October 2001 for studying a Master degree and my visa expired Dec 2003, then it resumed till Oct 2004. I left the country and came back in Sept 2007 to further my studies, PhD, where the visa valid till Feb 2012. But it was over ruled with EEA Family Permit. I'm just wondering if I can apply for indefinite leave to remain now as the divorce still hasn't completed and change my visa status? I'm also in the process to adopt a child, but not sure now with my visa status.Thank you.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.


I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please close the question and refund my money. Thanks