How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Spouse settlement visa - financial requirement

This answer was rated:

Hi, for the financial requirement part of the spouse settlement visa, if I give evidence that I've been working abroad for more than 6 months on a salary of 18600+ AND that I have GBP 62500 in a UK bank a/c JUST DEPOSITED (savings from work abroad and gift money from in-laws), would that meet the financial requirement? or is having a salaried/non-salaried employment offer on return to UK and/or the money being in the bank for last 6 months a must?


The proof of the minimum income overseas would suffice on its own, no need to show proof of savings just deposited, although you may show proof of the savings as well, it will not harm your application.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a job abroad paying GBP 18600 for more than six months and GBP 15k in my bank a/c abroad. If I don't have a job offer in the UK to return to but deposit GBP 47.5k (62.5k - 15k) now to make the total GBP 62.5k and declare that as gift from in-laws, (a) would that fulfill the financial requirement (b) what proof/evidence is required to show the source of gift money?



Yes, but you would need to hold the total savings for 6 months or more before the application in which case there is no need to show source of funds.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you