How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, Please treat this as a completely new question. For

This answer was rated:


Please treat this as a completely new question.
For financial requirements part of the spouse settlement visa, if my wife has a property in her name abroad worth more than GBP 62.5k with title deeds etc, keeps it for 6 months and then sells it for more than GBP 62.5k and then applies for the settlement visa, would that fulfill the financial requirement? Would she have to pay any Capital Gains Tax on it?

Yes, if the property is in her name, the 6 months rule does not apply and she may use the sale proceeds as evIdence.

No UK capital gains tax would apply as the property is sold overseas and your wife is not domiciled in the UK.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you