How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, Would the following meet the financial requirement part

This answer was rated:

Hi, Would the following meet the financial requirement part of the spouse settlement visa?:

1) GBP 62500 in a bank a/c for last 3 months before application
2) Source of the fund being "gift from family"
3) Evidence of gift money provided as sale of property that was owned by family for last 6 months prior to visa application.

Hello ,

I would respond as follows:

1) the money has to be in the account for at least 6 months to be taken into account;
2) yes, provided the gift is a sufficient amount and held for at least 6 months in the applicant or their partners account
3) only if the money was held for at least 6 months as above. If the property was in the applicants name or the partners then the 6 months rule would not apply.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So the gift money arising from sale of property that was in father-in-laws's name WON'T be acceptable?

It would be if held for 6 months in bank account after the date of gift.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you