How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Dear Sir I am a British citizen and have been in the UK for

Customer Question

Dear Sir
I am a British citizen and have been in the UK for 3 months and have been employed since June 1st 2014. I will be earning £20 000 per annum.
How soon may my wife who is Zimbabwean national apply for her settlement visa and can she visit me in the interim.
Please also confirm that there is no guarantee of acceptance.
I will be most grateful for your advice.
Regards *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mike,

Once you have been working for 6 months, you may sponsor your wife for a spouse settlement visa.

In the interim, she may apply for a visit visa but she will need to show that she will return back to Zimbabwe after her visit and show ties there such as family, employment, properties etc.

May I help further?