How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, I really need some advice as soon as possible. I

Customer Question


I really need some advice as soon as possible.

I came to the UK in 2009, I did my A-Levels and I started Uni in August 2010. I completed my Bachelors Degree in January 2013, after which I did my Masters Degree which I officially completed this month. All these years I was on a Tier 4 Student VISA.

For the past 5 years of having lived in the UK, I built my life. I live in my own house, I have my own car, I have my pets as well. I also have a job with regular income. I never left the country for more than a month each year.

The option I was told I have is to do my PhD in order to be able to stay in the UK otherwise I will have to leave the country. I'm not ready to go back. I have too much to leave behind and it will be really inconvenient for me to start a new life again. Finding a Tier 2 sponsor is even harder as nobody is willing to sponsor a Graduate with only a few months left on my VISA (Runs out Mid November 2014).

As for Entrepreneur VISA, I don't really know what business I could come up with. I'm looking for a solution that would allow me to keep my job and lead a normal life.

I'm really hoping I could find someone to help me, as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid you seem to have already looked at all available options as far as the points based scheme is concerned.

If you are in a relationship with a British or EU citizen living in the UK, then you may get residency based on your relationship. This is the only viable option that is left available I am afraid.

May I help further?