How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello my wife had a visa to join me for 33 months starting

This answer was rated:

my wife had a visa to join me for 33 months starting on the 25th of June. Does she have to enter the UK within on month of the date the visa being issued?
Kind regards

No, she may enter the UK at anytime during the validity of the entry clearance/visa but if she intends to apply for settlement/indefinite leave to remain in the UK after living in the UK for 5 years, she should enter within 3 months of the date of the visa/entry clearance.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you